This How to Eat a Tree - An Insect’s Guide to Finding Food in the Forest lesson plan also includes:
Explore forest health and an unwanted dinner guest—the insect. Group members read about insect/tree adaptations and interactions and create descriptive advertisements for use in a team exercise. A follow-up discussion dives deeper into the relationship between insect requirements and host trees. Biologists then generate a tree health impact pyramid using material from the lesson.
- Display examples of an impact pyramid and advertisements from teacher notes
- Third installment in a six-part series
- Gather materials and prep learning space before beginning
- Multimodal instruction increases pupils' engagement
- Includes ideas for extended learning