This How to Make a Linkage Map Based on Phenotype Offspring lesson plan also includes:
Where is the geneticist's favorite place to swim? The gene pool! Here learners examine the outcomes of genetic crosses. They create a linkage map by calculating the distances between linked genes on a chromosome. This is the sixth in a 10-part series of lessons.
- Use a graphic organizer to record key vocabulary and meaningful examples
- Learners require calculators and rulers to complete the lesson; optional materials include beads and pipe cleaners
- Prior knowledge should include completion and analysis of dihybrid crosses
- Provides a detailed teacher guide to help guide lesson development
- Highlights key vocabulary necessary for conceptual understanding