This How Word Choice and Language Sets the Tone of Your Essay video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
No color, no images, no sound. Just words on paper. How then, do writers convey the tone of a piece? By carefully selecting the words they use to create an impression in the minds of readers. After all, "Don't come back, Jack" expresses a very different sentiment than "Sorry, I'm not interested." This short video models for viewers how word choice affects tone.
- The animated illustrations are clear and concise
- A transcript of the video is included
- Effective for a short, classroom mini-lesson or homeschool situations
- A site membership is required to access the quiz