Why Lesson Planet?
Get your pupils' blood flowing with an exercise that demonstrates their knowledge of the cardiovascular system. Flowchart symbols are identified along the right side of the page. Learners use them to design a flowchart that represents the blood flow throughout the human body. A relevant and fun addition to this visual worksheet would be a creative writing assignment in which students write a story about a blood cell's adventures on the journey through the cardiovascular or circulatory system. A high school lesson plan and a video that would appeal to middle schoolers can be found through the publisher's website.
- Very visual representation of the blood flow
- A valuable review of cardiovascular system function
- Publisher's website provides a lesson plan and additional supportive resources
- How the Body Works - Heart
- Human Body Series - Cardiovascular System