Introduce your class to human rights and ask them to consider big questions about being human. Small groups create characters and represent their characters on large paper with images and words. After a discussion, they define human rights, create collages about specific human rights, talk about rights and needs, and reflect on the lesson plan as a whole.
- Use this lesson as an introduction to human rights and further examination of ideas related to human rights in other texts, informational or literary
- All of the cutting and pasting from magazines, while engaging, may prove to be time consuming and/or messy
- Includes a list of human rights to explore
- Incorporates group work and discussion
- A powerful topic to examine