Why Lesson Planet?
How does a ghost solve a quadratic equation? By completing the scare! Groups of learners develop a slideshow presentation outlining the ways to solve quadratic equations. The plan outlines the requirements, making the expectations clear for the class. Pupils assess each other's presentation based upon completeness and accuracy.
- Use as a review to a solving quadratics unit
- Have the groups build each slide as they learn the solving techniques
- It is helpful if pupils know how to create PowerPoint presentations
- Presents a way to review the material that actively involves the class
- Provides some tips on the downfalls some may experience
- The connected Common Core State Standards are not written out in their entirety