This I Can Determine the Height of a Rocket! lesson plan also includes:
Three, two, one ... blastoff! Individuals use clinometers to measure angles of elevation for tall objects, including a launched rocket if available. Using these measurements, they apply trigonometry to determine the heights of the objects.
- If possible, collaborate with a science or technology teacher and actually launch rockets
- Pupils should be familiar with trigonometric ratios
- Activity requires clinometers
- Provides worksheets and a PowerPoint presentation
- Includes a grading rubric for the activity