This I Wanna New Room unit also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
A reading of Karen Kaufman Orloff's I Wanna New Room begins a unit on persuasive writing. Kids identify something they want, brainstorm reasons for their request, examples that support these reasons, anticipate objections, and provide counter arguments.
- Have writers draft several different types of introductions and conclusion so they can pick the most effective ones for their letter
- Send a letter home informing parents about the activity and encouraging them to write a response
- The included rubric is based on Common Core standards
- The packet contains templates for the brainstorming, outline, drafting, and editing activities
- Some class members may find the font used in the transparencies difficult to read