How can a reader identify the author’s purpose in a text? Act III, scene i of Hamlet is the anchor text for a series of videos that model various close reading strategies. In this video, the sixth in the series, the narrator models how to use a Venn diagram to see how multiple themes interact, and then how to analyze these interactions to determine the author's purpose.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Each video in the series begins with a review that places it in the context with others
- The close reading strategy is broken into steps so that the task seems manageable
- Narration is accompanied by animation that highlights the portion of the text under discussion
- Speaker's rapid pace may intimidate some viewers
- Should be viewed in order with the entire series
- Although the approach could be used with other texts, learners would benefit most if included as a part of a study of the entire play