This Identifying Rate of Change assessment also includes:
Given a graph of earning for supervising children at a movie night, learners calculate the average rate of change for two intervals. They compare the two and explain the relationship found in the comparison.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Ask the class to come up with a scenario in which the average rate of change would not be the same over different intervals
- Lead a discussion on what it means to have a constant rate of change and a variable rate of change
- Individuals should know how to calculate the rate of change
- Provides descriptions of common misunderstandings
- Includes suggested instructional strategies based upon the levels of understanding of the concept