This Idioms for ELLs lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Idioms can be confusing for kids, let alone kids learning English! They use the Visual Thesaurus to assist them in figuring out the meanings of some common English language idioms. They create visual images to present their assigned idioms to the class, demonstrating how idioms can be interpreted both figuratively and literally. Tip: This lesson plan could be used in any English class.
- The "Extending the Lesson" link no longer works; however, it is a general link that can be substituted with another
- Small groups are implemented for a more targeted learning approach
- An extension learning activity is provided
- The plan is written clearly and in detail