This simple app will solve and factor any quadratic expression.
The user inputs the coefficients to the quadratic expression, in the form of ax2 + bx + c.
- Integer answers
- Displayed as factors
- Displayed as integer roots
- Complex answers displayed
- Displayed as a±bi exact values such as 1/4±√3 i
- Displayed as a±bi with decimals
- Allow students to check their work using this app
- Create your own "Deep Blue” challenge. Play a game with more advanced algebra students, have half the class use the app, have the other half factor by hand. See who wins: mind or machine.
- Use the competition to springboard a discussion about the historical match between IBM’s Deep Blue chess-playing computer and world chess champion Garry Kasparov.
There is a free version of this app that only supports quadratics that are factorable with integers. The user inputs the coefficients to the quadratic expression, then if the expression is factorable with integers, the app displays the answer as the product of two binomials.
- Limited functionality