Why Lesson Planet?
Robert Frost's "Nothing Gold Can Stay" serves as a model for a poetry analysis activity. The whole class critiques the sample and then groups select a poem and prepare a PowerPoint presentation in which they illustrate how their poet uses literary devices to develop themes. Included in the packet are project tips, alternative approaches, and links to all materials. A great way to incorporate technology into an ELA class.
- Included are directions for how to create a PowerPoint presentation and how to insert text, clip art, and graphics
- The lesson assumes that participants are familiar with literary terms
- Worksheet: Poetry Explication
- Sample: Illuminated Poetry Presentation
- Rubric for Illuminated Poetry
- Step Sheet: Creating a PowerPoint Presentation
- Step Sheet: Putting the Slide Show Together
- Lesson Plan