This Immigration lesson plan also includes:
There are likely members of your class who are immigrants to your country, and even more of them whose parents, grandparents, or great grandparents left their countries to find a new life. Teach seventh graders about treating immigrants with compassion and understanding with a instructional activity that focuses on discussion, research, and reflection.
- Connect with a social studies unit when discussing the politics and history of immigration
- Encourage groups to conduct further research on specific waves of immigration throughout history, or to study the pattern of immigration from a particular region or country
- As the issue of immigration can become politically charged, be sure that a protocol for respectful discussion is in place
- The fourth lesson in a series about understanding others
- Provides modifications for learners with diverse needs
- Focuses on the humanitarian element of immigration