This Impact of a Superstar lesson plan also includes:
Which player does not fall in line? Using scoring data from two NBA teams, pupils look for outliers. They use the best fit line to help them find the culprit and look for the greatest effect on the correlation coefficient by removing a players' data one at a time. After walking through one data set, scholars use the process to find an outlier in another set of scores.
- Brainstorm other data that has an outlier and test for the outlier using the same method
- The Line of Best Fit app has been updated, and the directions to add and delete points are not quite the same
- Expects learners understand the correlation coefficient
- Includes lesson reflection questions for the teacher
- Provides suggestions for modifications to make the activity more relevant