There's a reason we have emergency procedures in place—to be prepared! After hearing about the useful role flashlights had in numerous September 11th rescues, scholars discuss the importance of having and following a routine when an emergency occurs. They then draw a picture highlighting an emergency procedure in place and share their finished product with the class.
- Run the class through an emergency drill then discuss the importance of following directions
- Encourage learners to discuss and practice with their families the emergency procedures they should have at home
- Bring in a set of flashlights pupils can use in the classroom
- Inform parents and guardians of the topic in case their child comes home with additional questions
- The resource makes a strong point about preparedness
- Beware of broken links