This Inequalities in Triangles lesson plan also includes:
Cook up a discovery of the measurements of triangles. Using pasta, rulers, and protractors, pupils investigate the relationships between sides and angles of a triangle. Learners create examples and non-examples of triangles using different lengths of sides and observe the relationship between angles and sides in scalene triangles.
- Have class members come up with a mnemonic or other method to remember the different inequalities
- Linguine, though wider, works best as it does not roll
- Individuals need a centimeter ruler and protractor
- Contains suggestions for assessments and extensions
- Provides reflection questions for both the class and the teacher