As part of a sequenced, year-long writing program, fourth graders learn how to research a topic, gather and categorize information, take notes, and craft an informative/explanatory text.
177 Views 117 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Coordinate the writing program with all fourth grade teachers
- Save student writing samples for subsequent years
- Part of a year-long writing program, the units are designed to be taught in order to reinforce routines and develop skills
- Although the unit is designed specifically to research Multnomah County, Oregon, other topics are suggested and the approaches used are valid for all learners
- The 44-page packet includes scripted plans, exercises, activities, sample writings, worksheets, graphic organizers, lists of research topics, and writing checklists
- Some of the exercises that include specific references to Multnomah County may need to be revised