Emergent authors complete sentences they hear during a read aloud of David Shannon's book No, David!. They examine the text, noting the location and purpose of punctuation marks, especially in dialogue. They then create dialogue prior to writing an original story about a sporting or playground event that involves everyday rules. Includes links to teacher-made and learner-made models.
- Teacher Model: Short Story
- Second Grade Models: Short Story
- Fourth Grade Models: Short Story
- Third Grade Models: Short Story
- Second Grade Models2: Short Story