This Intro to Scientific Notation lesson plan also includes:
It's easy for large numbers and small numbers get lost in translation. Teach scholars to speak the language by showing them how scientific notation makes these numbers more manageable. Using real-life examples, an inquiry-based lesson gives individuals practice with converting numbers to and from scientific notation.
- Consult the science department for examples of scientific notation they use in their curriculum
- Have pupils play a game of concentration with the note cards they create
- Builds from previous work with exponent properties
- Connects the information to a real-life example
- Provides learners with multiple chances for practice