This Introduction to Functions lesson plan also includes:
Functions become applicable to real life when your class sees them as machines and rules instead of just math. Scholars list machines with functions, learn to guess the rule for functions, and create their own functions to better understand the concept. They also gather and analyze data to create a mathematical function.
- Connect the idea of functions to computers and processors
- Include functions that all have the same output
- Relies on prior knowledge of graphing points on a coordinate plane and evaluating expressions at specific values
- Includes ideas for homework and lesson reflections
- Provides teacher notes to ensure success implementing the lesson