This Introduction to GRASPS Weather Forecast activity & project also includes:
You don't need a green screen! Here is your opportunity to be a weather person, presenting weather forecasts live to your peers. Groups analyze weather patterns and data to determine a three-day forecast and present it to their class using current data, weather maps, and satellite maps in their talk.
- Use as a culminating activity for a unit on weather
- Incorporate the related literature by having learners read as homework
- The lesson may take one to two class periods to gather data and write weather predictions; depending upon the size of the class, presentations may take another one to three days
- Provides a rubric
- Gives differentiated instructions for learners at different stages based on an included pre-assessment
- Includes a script for presentations