Summer time is a great time for play! Take advantage of the end-of-year excitement to encourage scholars to create and write about their own game to play this summer. Game details must include the objective, rules, how the game is played, and how many players are needed.
- Encourage learners to add illustrations to the writing assignment in order to bring a visual element to the final product
- If time permits, try some of the of the new games at school
- Make copies of the game ideas and give them to class members so they can remember to play them during summer
- Copies are required for individuals taking part in the activity
- The assignment sparks creativity and imagination