This Is It Clean or Just Unseen? Dirty Water and the Naked Eye lesson plan also includes:
How dirty is the water you consume? Pupils investigate a contaminated water source to determine the bacterial cell count. They participate in a discussion once results are obtained and relate this to drinking water and health safety.
28 Views 24 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Show video segments of contaminated water and the effects of drinking it
- Participants should have prior knowledge of how to use transfer pipettes and a compound light microscope
- Do not allow individuals to consume dirty water as it may result in illness
- Hands-on experiment allows the class to visualize the content of dirty water and relate this to the importance of clean water
- Experiment may be divided into two parts or held during an extended class session