From his extensive experience working with his father and founding father of the United States, John Adams, to an expertise in foreign policy and abolitionist work on the Amistad case, introduce your young historians to the rich political career of president John Quincy Adams.
- Use this video as a prompt for a more in-depth study of the Monroe Doctrine, the election of 1824, or the Amistad case
- This is a great video to supplement your study of this historical period, particularly if you are pressed for time
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Overview includes major highlights of John Quincy Adams' life, including the time before and after his term as president
- Commentary provided by several historians through interview excerpts