This Johnny Appleseed Would Be Proud lesson plan also includes:
An apple a day keeps the doctor away — unless the apple itself has a disease. In the last installment of a four-part series, young scientists research different types of diseases affecting apples and apple trees. Using the results of their research, students develop an action plan to combat these diseases.
- Have the class develop a graphic organizer comparing and contrasting different diseases
- Some of the articles are lengthy; be sure to consider student reading level when using the articles
- Internet access is necessary; you may want to reserve a computer lab for the activity or assign it in a flipped classroom
- Includes articles and pictures for learners to reference
- Resource lists websites for additional reading