Why is Joseph Stalin characterized as one of the greatest villains of the twentieth century? From his succession to power after the Russian Revolution and industrialization of the Soviet Union, through the country's involvement in World War II, this four-minute video will give learners a better understanding of Stalin's power and influence as dictator.
- If you are not studying this historical period in your class, consider using the video to support a discussion of power and authority, and what characteristics are necessary in leadership
- Queue video to skip third-party advertisement
- This video does not go into great detail regarding any of the major events, and so is best used as an introduction or summary rather than a stand-alone lesson
- Highlights many major events during Stalin's rule of the Soviet Union
- Includes several photographs and video excerpts from the historical period