This Julius Caesar: Hero or Tyrant? writing prompt also includes:
Some of Julius Caesar's fellow Romans saw him as a benevolent, heroic leader, while others could only view him as a self-serving tyrant. High schoolers survey popular opinions of Caesar, including a passage written from two different perspectives, before writing an opinion essay on where they believe the ruler should be regarded in history.
- Connect the assignment between world history and language arts when learners are reading Shakespeare's Julius Caesar
- Use as a final, independent writing assessment at the end of a unit or semester
- Allow class members to expand their research beyond the given sources
- Rubric is general; consider augmenting the project with a more thorough rubric
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- All necessary reading passages and brainstorming worksheets are attached