This Jumpin’ the Gap lesson plan also includes:
Ever wondered how different drugs affect the brain? Allow your class to explore this through an interactive role play. Pupils act out neuron communication by playing the roles of neurotransmitters, pre- and post-synaptic receptors, and secondary messengers. They determine how various drugs affect neurotransmission and discuss how these drugs can have adverse effects when overused.
- Role play a variety of drugs, both street and pharmaceutical drugs, to determine their effect on neurons
- Research long-term effects of drug abuse on the nervous system
- Requires basic knowledge of neuron structure
- Contains additional topics to expand the activity and provides an enhanced learning experience
- Includes all needed puzzle pieces, worksheets, and other supplements to ensure the activity may be completed with little preparation by teachers