This Justifying HL Congruence assessment also includes:
What is so special about right triangle congruence? Pupils use what they know about transformations and right triangles to develop a proof of hypotenuse-leg congruence. The proof provides the given of two angles that measure 90 degrees and the congruence of the hypotenuse and one leg.
- Adjust the assignment to start with two right triangles as opposed to two angles that each measure 90 degrees
- Caution class members not to just use SAS to prove the congruence but to use transformations as well
- The class should be familiar with transforming one figure upon another
- Includes questions to ask to gain further understanding of your students' work
- Contains descriptions of common misconceptions/errors