This Keep It Real—Newspapers, the Ultimate Informational Text unit also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Newspaper in Education (NIE) Week, celebrated annually during the first full school week in March, recognizes the accomplishments of NIE programs across the country and around the world. Take part in the celebration with the lessons and activities in this teacher's guide.
- Arrange with a local newspaper to deliver daily copies of the paper during the unit
- Although the guide is designed for the 2006 Newspapers in Education (NIE) week, the lessons, activities, and materials may be easily adapted to any year's celebration
- Individual copies of the same newspaper edition are required
- The 50-page packet includes background information about NIE Week, a list of the National Standards addressed, lesson plans and activities, worksheets, and activities designed especially for elementary classrooms