This Key Deer: Evolution and Species Survival lesson plan also includes:
When we think of endangered species, we often think of far away places and exotic animals, but one of the most endangered species on the planet right now lives in the Florida Keys. The lesson explains how geological change influences biological evolution. This is the seventh lesson in a series of 10.
- Have a local wildlife expert visit the class
- Research an animal near you that is struggling to survive due to habitat loss
- This is the seventh lesson in a series of 10 related resources
- Ideally, use a projection of Google maps; if that is not possible, use multiple smaller maps so students can locate the Florida Keys
- Includes an extension idea
- Provides information on related careers