This Know Your 3Rs! activity & project also includes:
Turn young learners into conservationists with the first lesson of this series on waste management. Use the included pictures and definitions to teach the key vocabulary reduce, reuse, recycle, and compost. Search magazines, newspapers, and the Internet for images to include on a class bulletin board to reinforce these concepts. Though intended for use in coordination with a local recycling program in Tuscon, AZ, this lesson can be used anywhere to raise awareness about ways to protect the planet. A nice addition to an Earth Day celebration in the primary grades.
- Provides clear learning objectives related to waste management vocabulary
- Offers ideas to extend learning about conservation
- Lesson series is available in both English and Spanish
- Secret Code worksheet not included, but can be found on page 13 of the teacher guide
- Teacher needs to develop a context to present vocabulary in a meaningful way