What happens when you add more ions to a solution that already contains them? Examine the common ion effect with a video from JFR Science. Viewers take a look at solubility scenarios, then use solubility values to determine the outcome of changing conditions.
- Have the class practice determining the saturation of a solution from comparing solubility product constants and solubility product quotients
- Perform a demonstration to illustrate the value comparisons to add visual reference to the concept
- Pupils should be very familiar with the common ion effect and types of solutions to fully grasp the content of the resource
- The White Cliffs of Dover make an excellent example of solubility in equilibrium
- Content reinforces prior knowledge and uses it to build a new skill