This Land Purchases in U.S. History activity & project also includes:
Go back in time and do the math for the major land purchases in US history. An activity testing skills in scientific notation and exponent rules allows learners to research the three major land purchases and use those findings for their calculations. A great way to incorporate cross-curricular topics into the classroom, but may require some additional resources for learners. Activity asks for conversion into acres and current price value which are not given in the resource, but can be provided separately.
- Students are required to do their own research to find data
- Relates original purchase price to current rates
- Internet research is optional
- Handout attached for inflation rates
- Extra resources should be provided by teacher
- Video links requires subscription