This Landscape Architects: Working with Indirect Measurement activity & project also includes:
Working as a landscape architect, your designers calculate the measurement of the school flagpole as a guide to picking the right trees for their plan. Using indirect measurement with proportions, the goal is to calculate how high they want their trees to be for their blueprint.
- Use the provided extension activity to have pupils research which trees are best to plant
- Complete the assignment by creating a blueprint of the entire park
- Prior knowledge of setting up proportions is necessary
- Measuring tapes are needed for the activity
- The activity connects to the actual responsibilities of a landscape architect