Whether you are helping your classes review for a life science test or looking to provide some additional support to struggling learners, a free and fun interactive app is something that aspiring biologists of all ages will enjoy.
Learn vocabulary and important biology concepts in the areas of Ecology and the Environment, Cells and Heredity, The Diversity of Life, and Healthy Body Systems. For each overarching category, there are three ways to study:
- Flashcards: Swipe through the key vocabulary words, listen to the pronunciation by tapping on the speaker icon in the upper left corner of the flashcard and see the definition by touching the arrow in the upper right corner.
- Trivia: Answer a series of 10 multiple choice questions and review any incorrect answers after all questions have been attempted, then replay the game to get some new questions.
- Word Fly: Fill in the blank letters to find the word or phrase described; tap one of the flying letters—if that letter is in the word/phrase, the hungry chameleon will eat it and the letter(s) will appear. Three incorrect guesses will cause the chameleon to stick out his tongue and the game will move on to the next word/phrase.
- Prepare for a quiz or test
- Practice vocabulary words and/or spelling
- Partners practice flashcards together
- Independent practice for life science concepts
- Fun and educational game for kids who finish work early
- Some questions in Trivia section are too long to fit (cannot read entire question)
- In Word Fly section, when filling in blanks, the first letter of the word may not appear in the first group of letters
- Cannot review incorrect answers in Word Fly
- Cannot share scores/progress
- Straightforward navigation
- Variety of games to learn vocabulary
- No way to keep track of progress over time
- Graphics aimed toward younger users, but content is at middle school to high school level