This Law of Cosines—Law of Sines and Law of Cosines lesson plan also includes:
Laws are not always made to be broken! Scholars learn how following the Law of Cosines can help to find unknown measures. They first derive the formula and then apply it to triangles. The activity concludes the two-part series from Illuminations.
- Review the Law of Sines prior to introducing the activity
- Ask groups to create a poster highlighting the derivation of the Law of Sines and Cosines as an assessment
- Expects a proficiency with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Includes a step-by-step activity handout for pupils to follow
- Provides a link to additional resources