This LawCraft Game Guide lesson plan also includes:
Acting as either a representative or senator in the United States Congress, your learners will simulate the law-making process and work to balance competing interests in this engaging online game.
47 Views 39 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Give students a writing assignment to complete on their experience using the game, including what letter to address, compromises they were forced to make, what the process was like working with the other chamber of Congress, etc.
- Consider demonstrating how to proceed through the game as a whole group first before assigning learners to work individually, to clarify not only the process but also your expectations
- Link to game is provided in this resource's included materials
- Requires free online registration for students and teachers
- Much scaffolding provided through several game tips and instructions
- Very interesting and engaging simulation
- Excellent detail and information given on what Congress members must consider in their decisions