North, south, east, west. Third graders put their knowledge of the compass to the test in this one-day plan that asks them to use online resources to create maps of their town, to visit a map website, and to use a compass to find treasures hidden on the playground.
- Have individuals create a map showing the directions they follow to arrive at school each day
- Compasses, maps, computers, and Internet access are required for the activities
- Instructors must generate the worksheets and the playground map
- The packet includes pre-assessment activities, a detailed plan, links to online resources, and a materials list
- No template for the worksheets are included