This Lesson 16: Perform and Inform lesson plan also includes:
It's showtime! After an ample amount of preparation, scholars perform their final dance based on a phrase or word of their original free-verse poem. Following the performance, class members discuss their thoughts and feelings regarding the entire process.
- Review proper audience behavior: staying quiet during performances, clapping when finished, providing positive feedback
- Take photos of performers dancing and display them on a unit-themed bulletin board
- If you're short on time, pose a set of reflection questions on a classroom blog, and direct learners to answer each question and reply to their peers
- This lesson is the last of 16 in a poetry-themed unit that showcases free-verse poems
- Encourages the act of practice and revision to make a successful final product
- Boosts self-reflection and discussion skills