This Manipulating Light lesson plan also includes:
Young art historians create simple cameras to understand how artists use and manipulate light to capture images in photographs. Using a variety of everyday materials, they build the cameras to study the ways light can be manipulated in different settings.
- Connect to a science lesson on light and light waves
- Have learners use real cameras to extend the activity, and host an art viewing at the end of the lesson
- Some links are not available; search online or refer to the attached materials to find them
- Includes differentiated ways to reach multiple levels and grades
- Materials are easy to acquire through donations