These activities and instructional handouts will help your learners to understand not only the causes, transmission, and prevention of HIV/AIDS, but also gain a deeper understanding of the chain of infection when diseases are spread.
159 Views 86 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- There are several activities in this lesson that would only be appropriate for more mature learners. Ensure that your class members are ready to participate respectfully throughout the lesson
- All activity handouts included as individual resources (see included materials)
- Includes useful teaching tips and links to other online resources
- Lesson can feel disjointed at points, as some activities may require more discussion and clarification than is prescribed
Included Materials - Join to Access
- "Sample: Participation Permission Letter"
- “Handout: HIV/AIDS Pre- and Post-Assessment Survey”
- “Handout: HIV/AIDS Pre- and Post-Assessment Answer Sheet”
- "Handout: How Diseases Are Spread"
- "Handout: Memory Game"
- “Overhead: Chain of Infection”
- "Handout: HIV/AIDS Fact Sheet"
- "Handout: Chain of Event Cards"
- "Handout: HIV/AIDS High-Risk Survey"
- "Overhead: Steps in Responsible Decision-Making"
- "Handout: Scenarios to Practice Decision-Making Skills"
- "HIV/AIDS: The Preventable Epidemic"
- "Handout: Guidelines for PowerPoint Presentation"
- “Step Sheet: Creating an HIV/AIDS PowerPoint Presentation”