This Let’s Go to Summer Camp: Lower Grade Bands lesson plan also includes:
Going to summer camp can be an exciting yet terrifying experience for kids. Whether or not your class members are going to camp, this instructional activity can be used to foster social, academic, and self-efficacy skills in learners of any ability level or age.
- Laminate the pages of the three books
- For the choral reading activity, distribute copies of the book to groups based on reading level
- This resource, the second in a series of two focusing on preparing for summer camp, is designed for younger students
- Although designed for the special education classrooms, the resource is appropriate for ESL/ELD and mainstream classes as well
- Included in the 43-page packet are three leveled, illustrated versions of the story
- Also included are links to lesson plans for elementary and intermediate school aged students