This Letters A-Z lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Prepare your class for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games and teach them the alphabet all at the same time. Recite the alphabet as a whole class before brainstorming words that start with each letter. Then, distribute the included handout and help young scholars create Olympic-themed drawings for each of the 26 letters in the alphabet. When finished, the cards can be used to play memory, reinforcing an understanding of the alphabet and the games. Consider creating a word wall with Olympic-themed words to support the acquisition of new vocabulary.
- Students apply their understanding of the alphabet to learn about the Olympics
- Provides ideas for extending learning about the alphabet
- Assumes background knowledge of the Olympic Winter Games
- Some letters of the alphabet have few or no Olympic-themed words associated with them