This Light in the Ocean—Shedding Light on the Subject lesson plan also includes:
Illuminate the relationship between ocean depth and light intensity. The first installment of a four-part unit introduces the main topic, modeling the amount of light in the ocean in terms of depth. Learners view video clips on the topic and make conjectures about the relationship.
- Team up with an earth science teacher for the lesson
- Pupils should have familiarity with exponential models
- Scholars need to understand conjectures
- Provides a transcript of the video clip for classrooms where video projection or viewing is not available
- Includes questions for instructors to help students reflect on the activity