This Linear Alignment lesson plan also includes:
Line up the sides of a polygon. Using a graphing calculator, pupils make a line graph that creates a polygon. Then, with the equation graphing function of the calculator, learners graph linear equations to match up with the lines of the polygon. Finally, your young mathematicians learn how to transform a linear equation by manipulating the slope and the y-intercept.
- Use as an introduction to the effects of slope and intercepts on the graph of a line
- Requires graphing calculators with a LIST function
- The activity would work best if the class does not know how to calculate slope using the slope formula yet
- Provides suggestions for extensions
- Includes questions to gain information about students' understanding