A thorough, straightforward guide for organizing literature circles in your unit on Elizabeth George Speare's The Sign of the Beaver is both enriching and educational. It includes activities that activate prior knowledge, discussion questions about characterization and plot, and projects after kids have finished reading. Additionally, it provides opportunities for reflections and observations after each chapter.
- Use the packet in reading groups, Socratic circles, or as independent assignments for your class
- Some of the activities would be good reading quizzes at the end of chapters
- Combine the individual projects at the end of the guide in a writing portfolio at the end of the unit
- Comes with an assessment guide so kids can reflect on the group dynamic in their literature circles
- Accesses multiple levels of understanding, including synthesis and evaluation