Ari's Newbery Award-winning historical novel, Crispin: The Cross of Lead is a great choice for literature circle discussions. Here's a resource that provides suggestions for discussion questions and a list of activities related to the novel. A great addition to your curriculum library.
- Model how to craft discussion questions and have group members prepare their own for their circle
- Ask a spokesperson for each group to share key ideas from their discussion
- Have a recorder submit notes at the end of the discussion
- The provided literature circle questions are keyed to Bloom's taxonomy
- Answers are provided for the suggested literature circle questions
- A list of activities is also included in the packet