"But which will bloom most constantly?" Ask your learners to examine the representations of love and friendship in Emily Bronte's poem. Class members answer four text-based questions and jot down some ideas for larger discussion questions.
64 Views 56 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Split the worksheet up by reading and marking the poem together, inviting pupils to work with a partner to answer the first four questions and assigning the brainstorming for the discussion questions for homework
- Add this into your unit on poetry analysis or the Bronte sisters
- Use the discussion questions for discussion if desired or turn them into essay prompts instead
- Some individuals may need additional scaffolding to fully understand the poem and write about it effectively
- A copy of the poem and a brief paragraph about the author are provided
- The questions require learners to cite from the text and use higher-level thinking skills